Thirty people were exposed to poisonous fumes Thursday morning after a roof at the Performance Food Group distribution center on U.S. 6 in Kendallville, Indiana collapsed.
According to the Bryan Times, the weight of heavy-wet snow caved in the roof, which caused a tank of anhydrous ammonia to rupture. It happened yesterday morning around 11:30.
The building was quickly evacuated and the leak was quickly stopped.
Other factories in the area however, had to shut down their heating and ventilation systems to prevent contamination.
Eight people were treated at the scene and released. No one else was injured and no other evacuations were ordered.